For over one hundred years, Canadians have paused on November 11th to recognize and honour the contribution of generations of men and women who have served our country and the world during times of war, military conflict and peace.
For those looking to pay their respects, there are a number of Remembrance Day services happening across the region.
- In Gretna at the Gretna Elementary School on November 11th at 10:30 a.m. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- In Winkler at the P.W. Enns Centennial Concert Hall. The Service begins at 10:45 a.m. Doors will open at 10:15 a.m.
- In Morden at Confederation Park at 10:45 a.m. Limited seating, you are welcome to bring lawn chairs.
- In Carman at the Carman Community Hall at 10:45 a.m. *Recommended to arrive early as it fills up quickly
- In Morris, a March will begin at 161 Charles St W for 10:40 am, ending at the Cenotaph located at 207 Main Street. The General public will be assembling at the Cenotaph just prior to 11:00 a.m.
- In Emerson at the Emerson Complex at 10:45 a.m.
- In Manitou at the Opera House @ 10:40am